Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Run

Someday will finally be the day
I'll wake up with the sun
I'll pull on my shorts, and lace up my shoes
But won't be able to run

So few times can I stand in line
And hear the starting gun
All of us there in our shorts and shoes
Heading out on the run

So even though I'm tired today
And sitting sounds more fun
I'll pull on my shorts and lace up my shoes
And enjoy that I can run


So I've been running again and feeling all the better for it. I want to race again and my daughter wants to race with me. She's been working up to a 5K and I''m trying to get faster at that distance. I've only got a few more years before she'll be faster than me.

1 comment:

  1. You don't wear shoes. I understand the need for the phrase for rhyming purposes, but lets be real. You don't lace up your shoes so much as look down and make sure you still have feet. "Shorts, check. Sun, check, feet, check." And go!

    ReplyDelete