Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Guts

Pumpkin guts, pumpkin guts, there on the floor
Pumpkin guts, pumpkin guts, scoop out some more
You first took a knife and opened his head
Now should he look happy or scary instead?

What kind of eyes, round triangle square?
How 'bout his nose? Should he have hair?
Do you put teeth in his mouth open wide?
Will you carve ears over there on each side?

You're almost done and he's looking grand
Be careful my boy and don't stab your hand!
Those pumpkin guts make it easy to slip
The last thing we need is a hospital trip

Looks like you're done, his smile is so wide
Grab him, be careful! Let's take him outside
Light up the candle, now watch him glow
I could stand for hours just watching this show

Pumpkin guts, pumpkin guts, clean up the floor
Pumpkin guts, pumpkin guts, look there's some more
The house smells of pumpkin, it will for a while
I close my eyes, I sniff, and I smile

No comments:

Post a Comment