Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Driving Dad

Where he grew up. 
Today I drove one hundred miles
Hauling around my kids
Sit right back and listen to
All the things we did

I drove and dropped the first two off
At school and drove away
Then I dropped the third one off
To enjoy her short school day

I drove the fourth one to his school
And for a little fun
While he was learning ABC's
I did a five mile run

Then I picked the fourth one up
It had been a little while
"It's time to go to the dentist now"
I told his teacher with a smile

We drove and picked up two and three
It was time to head back south
Then we picked up number one
To check the teeth in their mouth

We got done, no cavities
I dropped off two and three
Then I dropped off number one
And she said "Bye!" to me

Then I went home for lunch and nap
Four was a sleepy son
You might think that I'll rest too
But my day is not yet done

I need to wake up number four
Drag him back to the car
We need to pick up two and three
The drive isn't very far

Then to pick up number one
What a wonderful day I've had
They should not call me "stay at home"
I'm more of a driving dad


No comments:

Post a Comment