Friday, April 6, 2012

Sleeping In

My wife is a hard worker. Long days at the office, balancing work and home, all of that. She wakes early to get her day all organized before the kids get up for school so that she can do things in peace. I take the opposite tack, and I sleep in until they're awake and eating breakfast so that I can wake up slowly with fewer demands for my immediate attention. That's during the week, it's even better on the weekends. Because my wife wakes up early during the week, her internal clock wakes her up early on the weekends too. Awesome. By the time I get up, breakfast is sometimes not only started, but finished as well. In my early morning haze of pre-caffeine confusion, the world that I walk into can be weird. Last weekend I walked downstairs to find this guy waiting for me. He assured me that our house was free of bad guys, and that I was safe. What a wonderful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment