Monday, April 9, 2012

Going on an Egg Hunt

I started this blog as a way to talk about my experiences in being a stay at home dad. The idea was that other stay at home dads, or guys who were considering it, could have a look and see what this job is about. For the most part, I think I've been successful. What I didn't count on was the blog helping me to actually do my job as a stay at home dad, as well as talk about it.
Though I didn't know it when I signed up for this job, the stay at home parent is expected to be a conduit of information about the children for any interested parties. Doctors want to know what the kids have been eating, teachers want to know if kids have been doing homework, and grandparents, well, they want to know everything. I'm expected to know the answers and pass on all of the information. Easter was yesterday and everyone lives too far away to participate with our family. On top of that, my mother in law is grinding through the last days of tax season so she can come visit, and the long hours, lack of sleep, and watching for the light at the end of the tunnel has her longing for extra doses of cute grandchild. Because I have the time, because I have all of the pictures right here, that's my job, to pass on the Easter morning egg hunt, to bring a smile to the day. Click through the link to see the fun we had.

As usual, the Easter Bunny took our box of empty plastic eggs, filled them with jelly beans and hid them all over the yard. Outdoor Easter egg hunts might be one of the best parts of living in the south.

Lots of eggs.
Hiding everywhere.
Some up high.
Some higher.
Some ridiculously high.
Speed always help.
The big kids passed on the easy ones so the little kids could get them.
It looks like they got them all.
Except for the ones they missed.

2 comments:

  1. Seth you're the best. Thanks for the bright ray in my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hang in there, almost done.

      Delete