Friday, April 20, 2012

Balance


My four year old is deep into building with blocks. Lots of towers going up and coming down lately. He's getting creative and is building things that he won't be able to explain until he has a few physics courses under his belt. It's pretty amazing that we can get a 'feel' for things quite easily but being able to properly explain them is quite hard. Building block towers, riding a bike, holding and comforting a baby so it falls asleep on your shoulder. It takes time, practice, and a feel for when things are just right that you can't fully explain in words. Sometimes you need to make a plan, learn something, and then make it happen. Sometimes you just need to know what you're trying to accomplish and then dive in and feel it out.
Click through the jump to see what my son did when he asked me to take a picture of the tower.
I think it was a trap.




I think he planned this.

No comments:

Post a Comment