Friday, March 2, 2012

Quick Release Toilet Seat

This is just so cool.
After I finished painting the bathroom recently I decided to celebrate with a new toilet seat. I never knew you could wear out a toilet seat until I potty trained four kids. The wear and tear of putting a training seat on the regular seat 1000 times a day just wore the surface out. When I started shopping I was amazed to discover that a great leap forward had been made in toilet seats. If you looked, you could now find them with quick release tabs on the back. This was huge. Seriously.
If you've ever spent time cleaning a toilet in a house with several small boys you'll know the joys of cleaning up after poor aim. My mom will surely chime in here and say that it doesn't get better with age, but I disagree. It wasn't until I had two little boys trying to hit the target that there were so many missed shots around here. The big thing is that they overshoot and pee on the back of the bowl. This makes a mess of the back of the toilet seat where it attaches to the toilet bowl. This is hard to clean. Pieces overlap and there are areas you can't get a sponge into and it becomes clear that aren't meant to be cleaned. At least not in place. About once a year, before my mother in law visits, I would unscrew the seat and take it outside and hose out all of the parts that just couldn't be scrubbed. This worked, but it did not make for a quick job cleaning the bathroom, and it just sort of made me angry that there wasn't a better way. We sent a man to the moon before I was born and I still had to unscrew two bolts to get my toilet seat clean? Really? The world has finally caught up. My new toilet seat makes the world a much happier place, because it just pops off. Now every time I clean the toilet I can just take off the seat, rinse it off in the bathtub, clean the toilet rim, and snap it back on. It's actually faster than cleaning it by just wiping it down. I'm so happy I can't hardly stand it.
I'm not sure that this leap of toilet seat technology is enough to make you abandon your current seat, but if you're in the market for a new throne, look for this feature. It'll change your life.

1 comment:

  1. You are right, I don't think aim increases with age! That new toilet seat is a great improvement

    ReplyDelete