Monday, September 24, 2012

Second Honeymoon Report

We're back from our second honeymoon and I've been getting some flak for ignoring my blog while I've been away. Something about enjoying myself being no excuse. Sorry about that, but not really. My wife and I had a spectacular time and I apologize for nothing!
It would be sort of impossible to type out a full writeup of the whole trip and tell all of the stories, even if anyone would actually want to read them. Instead, I've decided to give a bullet point summary and let you fill everything else in with your imagination. I hope that works for everyone.

Things we did in New York on our honeymoon:
This was so so fun and made our honeymoon wonderful. Thank you. 
Rode a city bus.
Rode the subway.
Walked around Central Park.
Played with an adorable baby.
Went to Liberty Island and saw the Statue of Liberty.
Went to Ellis Island.
Walked through the financial district.
Walked through China Town.
Walked through Little Italy.
Played with an adorable baby some more.
Took a New York cab.
Went out to eat at quite a fancy restaurant.
Saw Times Square at night.
Went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Went to the Museum of Natural History and got to carry around an adorable baby.
Ate dinner in Little Italy.
Went shopping on 5th avenue.
Saw the New York Public Library.
Saw Grand Central Station.
Saw Rockafeller Center.
Saw Times Square During the day.
Got to play even more with an adorable baby.
Had Chinese takeout in a New York apartment.
Walked around Central Park even more.
Came home.

I can't think of anything we could have done to make the trip more enjoyable. We're older and wiser and more comfortable with each other than we were when we got married. We have the income that allowed us to enjoy our trip without worrying too much about what things cost. We were able to visit with good friends and their adorable baby (did I mention that yet?) I can't imagine any way that a trip with my wife could be better, and I'm already looking forward to doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment