Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer Schedule

Well, I've given it a lot of thought and I'm going to change my posting schedule. For the past nine months or so I've been trying very hard to post six days a week. For the most part I've been successful. When starting a blog that you hope that somebody will read, content is a big deal. You don't want someone to read half a dozen posts, love them, and then run out of things to read. You also don't want your posts to suck so that they read only one and go away, but that's another issue. Now I have content, I have stuff for you to read if you want to. There are 44 posts about food and cooking. There are 26 posts about my adventures with pets. There are more posts than I can count about the general day to day life of a stay at home dad.
That's what I really need to do right now, just hang out and be a dad. When school is going I have some built in down time to sit and write. With school done the schedule become sort of soggy and I find myself at the end of the day never having had enough of a block of time to write. It's stressful. Because of this I'm going to pull back for the summer. There will still be posts, but only two or three a week. Most will be short and archival in nature. I'll still be writing, but instead of writing on the computer, I'll be taking notes on paper. I'll get some ideas down and organized, so when my life returns to structure in the fall, I'll be able to not only improve the quantity of content on this site, but also the quality.
Have a wonderful summer and please check back once or twice a week if you can. Enjoy the summer days, and if you're a stay at home dad, enjoy the extra time with your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment