Saturday, June 2, 2012

Step Back

Hey dad, watch this!
Every now and again I put forth the effort to step back from my life and take a look. By definition, I'm always looking out from my life to the rest of the world. It's hard to separate myself from the day to day and see what someone else would see when looking in. It's a good thing to put forward the effort to practice this sometimes in order to properly frame things in my life. What would I think of my life if I met me? What would I think if younger me met current me?
What have I come up with? Things are going pretty good by any metric I can use. Not going to toot my own horn or anything, but whether I'm looking in or looking out, things are good. School is done, summer is here, the kids are happy and I have a new washer and dryer. If there's something in the world that could make me happier, I don't know what it is. The summer after my senior year of high school, I don't think I would have believed that a new washer and dryer would be the highlight of my week, probably my month, maybe my whole summer, but there you have it. Life is unexpected. Life is weird. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment