Monday, June 4, 2012

She Threw A Shoe

Unshod
When you've got horses you need to keep them shod. When a horse throws a shoe then you've got to call the farrier and get things fixed. Life with cars is fairly similar, except when a horse throws a shoe, it involves the loss of nails, and when a car does the same, it often involves picking up nails.
That's the case with my wife's truck right now. We noticed that one tire was a bit low, not too low, but enough to initiate an inspection. I found low pressure, and a nail. A very very slow leak, but one that needs to be fixed. With an extra car at home now I just pulled the wheel off her truck in the driveway to take it in to get repaired. I could have just driven there in her truck, but this way I can drop the wheel off and take the kids to the library and the store and kill time doing things other than knocking over display tires. It's a good system. Getting tires fixed and changed is a good stay at home dad thing to do. It involves lug wrenches and bottle jacks and jack stands and breaker bars. Good man stuff.
When I loaded her tire into the back of my truck I looked at it more thoroughly and I noticed that it actually has two nails in it. That got me wondering if there is some weird cyclic world of nails where they get hammered into a hoof, then thrown and tossed onto a road where they complete their life cycle by flattening tires. It wold be some sort of karmic pay back for automobiles replacing the horse. That's probably not happening, but it's interesting to imagine a world where it did. It would also explain the two nails thing. They sent in an attack and it failed, so they sent in reinforcements. Glad we caught it, who knows what might come next. Terrifying really.

No comments:

Post a Comment