Monday, May 7, 2012

Distractions

This little guy? I wouldn't worry about this little guy.
Just two days ago I wrote this post talking about paying attention and making sure that things are done when they should be. Then today, I'm a complete flake. I'm outside messing with that thing you see in the picture when I have a sudden moment of clarity and realize that I'm supposed to be on my way to the orthodontist! Right now! Gah!
A quick call to my wife to tell her what was going on while I was on the way to school to pick up my son. She called the orthodontist to let them know what we were going to be 10 minutes late while I snagged him from school. We ended up only being 8 minutes late and they already had him checked in thanks to the phone call. We (barely) didn't mess up their scheduling for the day and all is well (barely). Team work and a little luck saves the day again.
Every now and again I read parenting books or articles, and it always sounds like the authors really have their sh*t together. Now I'm wondering if they're really knocking out another chapter while the roast is burning. Watch who you take advice from, especially me.

No comments:

Post a Comment