Thursday, April 25, 2013

One on One

My daughter and I had fun at the motorcycle races last weekend. The track was great and the racing was great. I missed my wife and the other three kids, but by taking only my daughter, the whole event was much more relaxing. I didn't have to yell at anyone to stop hitting, yelling, wrestling, or not being nice. I didn't have to try and watch four people at once to make sure that they weren't wandering off. I could just sit and watch the races and keep my daughter in the corner of my vision and it was good. When it was time to eat, I asked her what she wanted, she decided, and that's what we had. Nobody complained that they wanted something else. Bed time happened when she got so tired that she was falling asleep watching the TV in the hotel room. It was nice.
Probably the most fun we had all weekend centered around the fact that our hotel room was a "suite". I put that in quotes because, though technically a suite with a microwave and a fridge, the hotel was a bit of a dive and in my mind suite is usually associated with something nice. It wasn't very nice. It did have that microwave though and we put it to use.
The races for the weekend are on Sunday, and Saturday is reserved for practice sessions and qualifying. We went to the track both days, but left a bit early on Saturday to avoid some of the hot day and to not get too tired out before Sunday. This found us cruising back to town at 2:30. Too early for dinner and not wanting to go out again, we decided to hit up the grocery store for some microwave food. I bought two microwave burritos and my daughter picked out some Hot Pockets. We chose popcorn for desert. I taught her how to rip the Hot Pocket box in half and use it as a plate (college style) so there were no dishes and no clean up. We found a few TV shows and eventually Raiders of the Lost Ark and we ate popcorn and talked and had a great time. It was a really nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment