Monday, March 4, 2013

Clearly Now......


The first of my children has a pair of glasses. At his five year old checkup the pediatrician figured that he might need to be checked by an optometrist. The optometrist agreed that the boy can't quite see as well as the rest of us and had a pair of glasses made up for him. This really shouldn't surprise any of us. All of my siblings have glasses. My brother in law has glasses. All of the grandparents involved have glasses. In fact, my wife and I are the only ones in our immediate family not to need glasses. It figures that eventually the world would turn blurry for at least one of the kids.
He's had his glasses for about two hours now and hasn't managed to break or lose them yet. Minor miracle there. We'll see how long that lasts. We are going to head out to Super Cheap Discount Eyewear and buy him a pair of beater glasses with the prescription that we picked up from the optometrist. We figure that they should be good for the days when he can't find his glasses or he breaks them or when we go on hikes in cliff country. I'll let everyone know how this whole glasses thing works out. Having never had them myself, it's a new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment