Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hot Dog

My wife has a sore back.
My wife has a dog that loves her.
My in laws have a hot tub.
My wife can either be in the hot tub to ease her aching back, or she can be with her loving dog for a calming lap sitting and petting session. She cannot have both of these things at the same time.
Continuing my theme of giving human voices to animals, I think the dog's internal dialogue went something like this:
I'm lonely.
I wish I could sit with the nice lady.
Where is the nice lady?
Oh, she's over there.
I've never seen her there before.
I'll just hop up on the chair to have a look.
She looks lonely like me.
I'll just hop up there and climb on her lap.
OH MY GOD!
WATER!
I HAVE TO GET OUT!
I'll just step there!
OH MY GOD!
WHY ARE THERE BUBBLES NOW!
HELP ME!
Thank you for turning off the bubbles.
Can I get out?
Why not?
Why are you calling the grumpy guy? He's not going to like this.
Why is he laughing?
Where is he going? Isn't he going to help? I just want to jump out.
Why is he taking my picture? What's wrong with him?
Oh thank god, he's lifting me out.
He's drying me off.
Thank you grumpy guy.
I don't know what happened, but I swear, I will never jump in there again.
Unless I forget.
Where is the nice lady?

1 comment:

  1. And since she may have some beagle in her she will surely forget.

    ReplyDelete