Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Beetle

There's a beetle in my coffee
Not swimming
No he's dead
He stopped on top to take a sip
He slipped and
Drowned instead

There's a beetle in my coffee
He fell in
With a plop
He's black and big and I can't see
Him floating
At the top

I'm frozen with a sleepy look
In horror I
Wonder, why?
If I don't get my sweet caffeine
I fear that
I might die

I had so little coffee left
I could only
Make one cup
If this one's bad there is no more
I don't want
To give it up

I probably should just throw it out
But it is
My belief
That I should just be careful
And strain it
With my teeth

He's on the bottom lying there
He kind of
Freaks me out
I had to save my coffee
But him
I will throw out


This poem is inspired by true events. Ewwwwwww.......

No comments:

Post a Comment