Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Realization

We have a brand new baby
She just came home today
That's a happy baby. I'm clearly good at this. 
She spends her time
With my wife
Sleeping and nursing away

There's not much for me to do
When she is very small
Because I lack
two full boobs
I'm not much use at all

But I can still change diapers
And hold her which is neat
My wife can stretch
Her weary legs
And get a bite to eat

Soon my wife is back to work
Warm bottles are the food
New girl and me
On our own
Now I am truly screwed

Editorial note: This is about our first baby and it's a little dramatic. My daughter and I did very well when my wife went back to work. It was a little overwhelming (if something can be just a little overwhelming) when the house first emptied of well wishers, then in-laws  then my wife, and I found myself alone with a baby, truly getting down to the business of stay at home dadding. Turned out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment